Friday, April 24, 2009

Doctor Fish/Fish Spa

How would you like to be nibbled on by hundreds of small fish, hungrily devouring your ugly looking dead skin cells? This is the latest addition to the Spas around the world. Fish spa or fish therapy. We have tried this in New World Park, Penang .. http://www.happyfeet-fishspa.com/



It was a little strange at first especially the thought of dipping your feet with many strangers, who might not only have thick callouses but skin problems as well. However, as I look around they seem to have a continuous in-flow of fresh water and the staff said that they have a special UV light system to eliminate impurities such as bacteria and germs in the water. Well, okay...




We couldn't help but laugh and squeal the first 15 minutes.. it's so ticklish!! Whenever they start swarming to my feet, its either I pull my feet out or squeal. But afterwards we got used to it. And there I was wishing they eat all the dead skin cells and soften the callouses that I have been trying to put petroleum jelly on whenever I can, and the countless foot spas I had. i wish this is the answer. Forty minutes after the treatment, my feet really feels softer. Soo happy.. My next thought? I hope the callouse won't come back with a vengeance...





Well it's been almost two weeks today, and so far so good. It still feels soft with the help of my foot lotions. Yes, I will definitely do it again. Perhaps try the one in Manila. If not for anything else, the laugh therapy will do.

No comments: